Trustees' Garden Club

The park after restoration is pictured above, and before restoration below. At left is a picture of the presentation in 1962 of the Rich's Civic Beautification Award being given to Trustees' members, Mrs.Henry Dunn and Mrs. Carl Espy.


In 1957, at the request of the City’s Park and Tree Commission, the Club began its rescue and revitalization of Emmet Park, once the common land of the Georgia Colony. This ten-year task, financed in part by local businesses, produced a twelve-block oasis of plants, shrubs, lawns, brick walks, iron fencing and the planting of 13,950 bulbs!


Emmet Park